Butternut squash & red onion
Our friends, Phil and Carolyn have a fabulous veg patch in their Pollença garden and they kindly allow us to raid it from time to time. This week it was full of beautiful butternut squash. I have been a huge fan of Yotam Ottolenghi for many years, the way he effortlessly blends substantial flavours is mouthwatering. So armed with our squash we had to give this one a go! In fact Carolyn (the neighbour!) made this a few weeks ago…I think it might have even been a bit better than mine 😀 We had ours with a succulent local chicken all cooked in the wood fire oven… enjoy this one.
Taken from Yotam Ottolenghi Jerusalem.
• 1 large butternut squash, cut into 2cm x 6cm wedges
• 2 red onions, cut into 3cm wedges
• 50ml olive oil
• 1 small garlic clove, crushed
• 1½ tbsp lemon juice
• 30g pine nuts
• 1 tbsp ZA'ATAR
• 1 tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
• 3½ tbsp TAHINI
• 2 tbsp water
• Maldon sea salt and black pepper